If you are experiencing Post-Abortive Stress, we care and are here to help.
Post-Abortion Stress is a very real reaction to an abortion in which you are unable to deal with painful memories and emotions associated with the crisis pregnancy and the abortion. If you or someone you know is suffering from a past abortion, there is help available. It is important to share your feelings with someone who is understanding and supportive. We have client advocates who can help you work through your pain and find healing just as they did.
- Guilt – Results from violating one’s own sense of right and wrong
- Anxiety – headaches, dizziness, pounding heart, abdominal cramps, muscle tightness, difficulty sleeping.
- Psychological “numbing” – The unconscious vow to never let anything hurt this badly again.
- Depression – sad mood, sudden and uncontrollable crying episodes, deterioration of self-concept, sleep and appetite disturbances, reduced motivation, loss of normal sources of pleasure, thoughts of suicide.
- Preoccupation – with becoming pregnant again and anxiety over fertility.
- “Anniversary” Reactions – An increase in symptoms around the time of the anniversary of the abortion, the due date of the aborted child or both.
- Bonding Difficulty – with present and/or future children
What We Offer You
- Confidential consultation
- An opportunity to meet and discuss your situation with a post-abortive client advocate at Care Net Manasota.
- Opportunity to participate in our Post-Abortive classes.
- An opportunity to receive God’s grace and forgiveness…His greatest gift for you!
Call us today to schedule a confidential appointment! 941-751-1966